Senior Resource Development and Communications Manager Vacancy at Habitat for Humanity, Sanepa, Lalitpur, Nepal
Published on : 01 November, 2022 / Deadline : 14 November, 2022
(First date of Publication: 1 November 2022)
Job Position: Senior Resource Development and Communications Manager
No. of vacancies: 1 (One)
Duration: One Year and Extendable
Reports to: National Director
Field Visits: 10% travel to project areas
Habitat for Humanity Nepal
Habitat for Humanity Nepal has been present in Nepal since 1997, serving landless, low-income, vulnerable (ultra-poor, socially excluded, disaster-affected, or living in disaster-prone areas) and Dalit families to build adequate (safe, secure, habitable, and accessible) houses. With its central office in Kathmandu and two field offices in Eastern Region (in Province 1) and the Far-western region (Sudur Paschim Province).
Habitat for Humanity Nepal is an international non-profit organization that builds decent and affordable housing in partnership with people in need. The organization focuses on shelter, partners with families to build decent houses, advocates for land and housing rights, and works with financial institutions for inclusive financial literacy and loan products for the poor while promoting strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter. It employs a holistic approach to long-term shelter solutions by forging effective coordination, and collaborative partnerships with government agencies, strengthening relationships with local partners and pursuing growth
through market development initiatives.
Core Function: The incumbent will oversee the Resource Development and Communications unit at Habitat for Humanity Nepal’s national office in Kathmandu and will lead the resource mobilization and communications for the organization. The position will identify, cultivate, retain, and develop existing and new engagements and prospects with foundations, institutions, and corporate donors as well as within the Habitat networks to raise/leverage resources, and increase brand awareness and supporter engagement. The Sr. Manager will be accountable for the effective and efficient management of a portfolio of donor accounts to grow resources and maintain organizational revenue goals for program implementation. The position will be in charge of overseeing all internal and external communications for Habitat Nepal, ensuring a singular, powerful Habitat story that engages hearts, minds, and financial support. The Sr. Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of overall corporate communications and marketing strategies and campaigns. As a member of the country leadership team, the position will provide input and support for the overall strategy and programs of the Nepal Branch Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Resource Development Strategy
- Develop, manage, and facilitate the implementation of Habitat Nepal’s resource development and corporate communication strategies and action plan.
- Develop strategic partnerships with national and international organizations in Nepal and lead all business development opportunities in close coordination with program and finance teams.
- Track and keep abreast of the trends and developments around Habitat’s Theory of Change and Program Framework and potential funding opportunities.
- Provide strategic donor and program resource mobilization support to the National Director and the senior management team.
- Guide Habitat Nepal’s strategy to increase and deepen volunteer engagement by the strategic goals.
- Oversee strategies to increase Habitat’s US affiliate tithe giving to Nepal.
- Lead and coordinate the planning, drafting, and submission of grant concept notes and proposals and other aspects of solicitation about the funding of operations and programs.
- Identify, assess, and pursue funding opportunities, particularly with bilateral and multi-lateral donors, institutional donors, foundations, corporates, and individuals.
- Work with programs and Asia Pacific (AP) staff to develop concept notes, marketing communications, and boilerplate proposals that can be adapted to a variety of donors to support Habitat Nepal’s programs.
- Develop concepts and secure funding from global/regional foundations, corporations, and high-net-worth individuals in collaboration with Habitat’s global funding network and AP team.
- Strengthen existing and build new relationships with key donors and coordinate donor funding with other relevant partners and alliances in Nepal.
- Implement donor cultivation strategies, strengthen coordination internally and with implementation partners, and increase capacity to ensure timely and high-quality reports to donors.
- Develop and manage a database of current and potential donors, mapping, and matching funding priorities with Habitat Nepal’s programs.
- Institutionalize reporting into Habitat Nepal’s grant management system.
- Develop and implement a communication strategy to increase Habitat Nepal’s profile and visibility and grow support for its programs.
- Develop and maintain close contact with government agencies, donors, civil society, and the private sector as key stakeholders and partners in the implementation of the communications strategy.
- Increase media coverage and understanding of Habitat Nepal’s mandate and mission in Nepal by developing and maintaining media contacts and pitching newsworthy information of interest to the national public and donors.
- Develop capacity statements and value propositions for Habitat Nepal’s key program areas.
- Develop crisis communications strategies when needed.
- Develop staff capacity to represent Habitat Nepal in speaking engagements about the country's programs.
- Manage the development, distribution, and placement of content for the web, social media, articles in newspapers and donor publications, newsletters, and more.
- Supervise the organization’s communications needs including coordination with external graphic designers and agencies.
- Oversee the design and production of appropriate communications materials and messages in terms of content, audience, medium, language, tone, style, and cost.
- Collaborate with the Asia Pacific Resource Development and Communications Teams to create and produce content to grow support for Habitat’s vision and mission.
- Manage inter-department teams to implement program and fundraising events.
- Maintain a working knowledge of local, state, and national trends, demographics, and issues related to nonprofits, fundraising, and mission-critical issues.
- Provide supervision and oversight to staff, including job performance, planning, goal setting, monitoring, feedback, evaluation, and development.
- Participate as an active member of the Senior Management Team of Habitat Nepal.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
By its foundational mission principles, Habitat for Humanity Nepal is committed to the highest ethical standards and opposes all forms of discrimination, exploitation, and abuse. We intend to create and maintain a work and living environment that is safe, productive, and respectful for our colleagues and for all we serve.
We require that all staff take their ethical responsibilities seriously to Safeguarding (Child Protection, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation Harassment, and Abuse) our intended beneficiaries, their communities (especially children), and all those with whom we work. In line with the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse, all staff must pass a thorough background screening, and police check and will be held accountable for upholding our policies around ethical behavior, including safeguarding and whistleblowing.
Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation, and abuse safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
Education Qualification and Professional Experience
- A Master’s degree from a reputed University in media, communications, development studies, or related subjects.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in the field of resource development, and communications.
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience in resource mobilization and business development processes with major institutional donors, including fundraising strategy development, donor engagement, and proposal development.
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision and leading a team, including solid coaching and capacity-building skills in a diverse and cross-cultural environment.
- Understanding and experience in award/grant management, and resolving complex donor compliance and reporting issues, is a plus.
- Direct contribution in successfully securing funding from bilateral and/or multilateral donors.
Knowledge and Skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to tailor communications to be effective for a range of audiences and purposes.
- Willingness and ability to work closely with other departments, institutions, and across cultures and ability to lead a team.
- Ability to work under deadlines and produce high-quality results.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-driven.
- Strong computer skills, especially the MS Suite.
- Familiarity with web design and graphic design.
- Ability to think globally/regionally and look at the macro, and strategic issues to inform strategy choices and management processes.
How to Apply: For the above-mentioned position, please apply through the online form at https://merojob.com/habitatnepal/
Habitat for Humanity Nepal is an equal-opportunity organization. Women, persons with disabilities, and marginalized and disadvantaged communities are encouraged to apply.
The application submission deadline is 14 November 2022.
Human Resources Department, Habitat for Humanity Nepal
We strive to keep our recruitment process consistent and fair. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of further steps in the recruitment.
Donec turpis erat, scelerisque id euismod sit amet, fermentum vel dolor. Nulla facilisi. Sed pellen tesque lectus et accu msan aliquam. Fusce lobortis cursus quam, id mattis sapien.